Wednesday, December 3, 2008
House (the show)
Have any of you ever watched House on Fox, or the re-runs on USA? It has to be the best show I have ever seen. At first, I watched about five minutes of an episode and decided it wasn't that great, but once I watched a few episodes I guess I kind of grasped the theme of the show and it was very entertaining. Dr. House (played by Hugh Laurie) is one of the best diagnostic medical doctors in the country. He gets the patients which nobody else could figure out what's wrong. He doesn't save their lives by himself, though. He has a team of three young doctors who brainstorm with him, and do tests to try and find out what's wrong with the patients. House is known for his rude, sarcastic behavior which bothers pretty much everyone that he works with because he's very clever about how he gets under people's skin and picks apart their personalities. The only reason the Dean of Medicine, Dr. Lisa Cuddy, puts up with his behavior is because he's so good at his job, and for the most part she trusts his judgement. House also deals with a drug addiction. He takes excessive amounts of vicadin throughout each day because of chronic pain in his right thigh from a gunshot wound (an angry ex-patient shot him in his office). The reason why I love this show is because of the eccentric behavior of Dr. House and the way he treats people. He has a way of figuring out what kind of person someone is just by looking at them. In fact, most of the time when he has clinic duty he will tell the patients who come into the clinic what's wrong with them before they say more than two sentences. I find that quite funny. I would definitely recommend watching House. New episodes are on Tuesday nights at 7:00! Re-Runs are on USA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment